Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Triumph

So, it's a rocky road, family. But amidst the bumps, falls, and bruises, I flew high for a moment today. As we sat around our worn table at dinner tonight dining on hot dogs, grapes, and carrot sticks, I asked the children if they thought they could use their best manners at Grandma's for Thanksgiving weekend. For a moment, I thought a reward might be a good idea, and I even asked the children if there was a reward that might help them remember. Morgan piped up, "Oh yes, a blizzard at McDonalds." I replied, "No, that's not good for you." Then she beamed, "How about a new Webkinz?" "No," I answered, "We can't afford that right now."

Anika, with her hands folded under her chin thoughtfully and cheerfully suggested, "I think our reward can be being able to come home with satisfaction that we acted our best."

Ooh. Loved that one!

Morgan jumped on the band wagon, straightening her shoulders and looking at me sincerely, "Yes, Mom, that's all I need too."

1 comment:

cheyney webb said...

Oh Andra, I just love your blog. Whenever I need to smile, I just read or think of one of your posts. Your kids are too smart.