Sunday, March 28, 2010

Shoe Mystery Solved



Our ward choir practice is held in the basement of a member's home. In order to preserve her light-colored carpet, she requests that we remove our shoes at the door, which creates a large pile.

As I left choir practice today, I was shocked to find that someone had accidentally taken one of my shoes and left her mismatching shoe. With a couple of other choir member witnesses, I laughed and then created a list of possible perpetrators from the members who had already left. We easily exonerated Danuta with her tiny feet and Alana with her oversized Crocs. Barbara was out of town, so that left only our choir director, Koko, as a taller person who might possibly have size 10 feet like mine. She became my principal suspect.

But Koko has been cleared and the true perpetrator found. . . .









Me.
Do you think anyone in church today noticed that my shoes didn't match?

(The shoe on the left is my old favorite retired to dark regions of my closet. I seem to have forgotten what it looks like but some how managed to grab it this morning. The shoe on the right is my new favorite black shoe.)


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

The Mormon Monk said...

Ha!

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

That is awesome! Its funny that you went without noticing! Only a true mother could something off like that!
We're excited to see you tomorrow!

Grammy-C said...

Andra~ Don't feel bad...I went to church yesterday with black shoes, black skirt, and navy hose. Ugh. I kinda THOUGHT they might have been navy in my morning haze of getting dressed, but Walt assured me they were indeed "black". We're both getting old and blind. And in my YOUNGER days, I was Primary Chorister for a whole day with one black shoe and one navy shoe, which I pointed out to the children. They thought it was hilarious... ~Andrea

The State of Our Family said...

Okay...that is HILARIOUS!!!

Marian said...

OH! Andra that is totally hilarious! So glad you were willing to admit it!

Anna and Ryan said...

Andra, that is hilarious!! I'm sure no one noticed.

The Lunds said...

I like how you found such a similar cut shoe to replace an old favorite pair. It took me years for me to find a replacement for my favorite red skirt.

love,
margo

cheyney webb said...

LOVE it! You got through the whole day without anyone noticing!