Sunday, January 1, 2012

Henry Loves Mom

This is the first of a few posts about Henry's adoration for me.  Lately Henry has been holding on to me more and more, and though I tell him daily that he's simply not allowed to grow up, it keeps happening.  He still sits on my lap all the way through church, and climbs on my back during family prayer.  But I know it won't last forever, so I'm holding onto every moment as if it were my last with a little boy who loves me more than anything else.

He still whispers every night during family prayer, "Mom, I love you, and I don't ever want you to die."

Tonight Henry brought me a bag of leaves he collected on our walk.  He said, "Mom, I wrote something you'll like on all these leaves."




I sure do love this boy!



2 comments:

cheyney webb said...

What a sweetheart! We sure do miss y'all. Happy 2012!

Rebecca Wolthuis said...

He is a treasure! I feel the same about Mark. It goes by far too fast.