Saturday, August 21, 2010

Domesticated

I came back from vacation a few weeks ago ready to be domesticated.  For now at least.  I started a menu.  I chose some new recipes.  I've finished my laundry, though my ironing pile is still a couple of feet tall.   I'm thinking about making some new curtains.  All this is the result of visiting my sister and sister-in-law, who have nearly perfect homes and families.  Or, at least, so it seemed. 

I'm not perfect.  And you shouldn't feel bad if you aren't either.   My mother always said to do your best.  She didn't say to be perfect. 

More on domestication later . . . maybe . . . if it lasts. 

1 comment:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

I want to see some pictures from your trip! I'm sure that they are fabulous! Don't try to change- you are wonderful the way you are! You have a beautiful home and a wonderful family! That story abut Morgan cracked me up!
I'm trying to upload a whole lot of pictures onto our blog right now- it is taking forever. Life here is god- an adventure- but good so far!