Saturday, August 21, 2010

Snails


I was just looking through some old pictures.  

Thought I'd post this for your entertainment.

 Henry was a few weeks shy of turning three years old when he created this masterpiece.  I left a permanent blue marker in front seat of the car that fateful day. 


Courtesy of Henry Willis

The other seat looked the same.  I removed the marker from one seat with rubbing alcohol.  I started removing it from this seat also, when I stopped to take a picture.  

Then I decided (correctly) that this might only happen once in my lifetime, so I left the marker there, meaning to enjoy it a little while and then remove it eventually.  And of course, I took a picture.   This artwork remains on the seat today, though it has faded to the point that it's barely noticeable.  It was one of those terrible, beautiful moments in motherhood that I never want to forget.


1 comment:

cheyney webb said...

So funny. I love how you can enjoy his art work on your van. I hope I am as chill.