Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rock Climbing

So . . . in all honesty, there is a problem with rock climbing.  Henry, especially, lacks a healthy fear of heights.  Sometimes I walk outside and find him on top of the minivan.  As we left a building the other day, I had a hard time keeping him from climbing the brick columns in front of the building.  He begs to climb trees.  I tell him if he can reach the bottom branch, he can climb it.  He hasn't reached many yet, but I'm sure that's coming.

Nonetheless, we try to fit in a trip to the rock wall as many Saturdays as possible.

Here we all are at  the YMCA 30-foot rock wall:



Jackie and Henry at the top together.




Morgan is still a little afraid of heights.  I'm confident she'll conquer that at some point.  
Maybe then I'll find her  on top of the minivan.  Just kidding.


That's me . . . I recently made it up the third hardest climb.  Like all things, it gets a little better each time.


This is harder than it looks.  When I'm done, my fingers cramp, and my forearms shake.




1 comment:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

So cool! Tell Morgan that I am deathly afraid of heights!