Sunday, March 13, 2011

Web Site I Wish I had Read Before I had Kids

Wow--I wish I had seen something like this website when I first had kids.   It is a slide show of some very obvious childhood diseases, about half of which we have experienced over the last 13 years.  Thankfully, we've avoided the more serious diseases like whopping cough, measles, chicken pox, etc., by vaccinating our children.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/slideshow-childhood-illnesses-parents-should-know

I'm posting this at 4:30 A.M. after Henry just woke up with a sore throat and a 101 degree under-arm fever.  He's been exposed to at least one other child with strep throat, so I think it might be that, though I got on the internet because he was coughing a bit.   We'll see if he's still coughing when he wakes up, or if that was just because he was upset.  We'll also get out a flashlight tomorrow and look at his throat.

We gave him some Motrin and took his temperature.  I always do it in that order, making sure to take his temperature before the Motrin kicks in so that I can tell the doctor if we go in.  Then I let him suck on a throat lozenge while he cuddled on my lap.  He calmed down and is back in bed.

No comments: