Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Flavorful Medicine

Henry has been having some unidentified mouth pain for more than a week now.  I'm not sure whether he has a tooth coming in or a long-lasting sore throat.

Either way, he makes a sound like a hissing opossum (I only know what that sound is because I ran into a possum in my garage once.)  If you have never heard one, feel free to find an example on youtube.   Then he asks for some ibuprofen.

Tonight I brought him a medicine cup with medicine made by a different company than usual.

"Mom, it's red," he observed.   Normally his medicine is a light purple color.  "What does it taste like?"

"Maybe strawberries," I guess, "but I'm not really sure."

Henry slowly takes a sip.  "It tastes like chicken nuggets.  And apples mixed together."




No comments: