Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bright Spot

I just returned from a women's church activity, where we ate summer salads and cheesecake dripping with blueberry sauce, and then listened to inspiring stories of brave and exemplary women.  At the end, I stayed to help clean up, and admittedly participated in some discussion of the work we usually come home to after enrichment night.  

Here's what I found at home.  Dinner dishes are mostly done, except a couple of things in the sink, but the kitchen is a disaster after a very busy day.  Not that I expected anything different--the mess all belongs to me and the kids.  Yes--if I were really good, I would have it all cleaned up before I left.  But I only had time tonight to throw some hamburgers on the grill and cut up some strawberries before I ran off tonight.  That  . . . and . . . where in the world am I going to put those three cantaloupe, a honeydew, a watermelon, and a box of oranges from Costco?  The kid stuff . . . I don't want to talk about that.


But there, among the leftover pancakes, cantalopes, swim goggles, and even an extra vase:




My glass is half full . . . I have flowers from my two men.  I guess I'll conquer most of the kitchen tomorrow.  






1 comment:

The Mormon Monk said...

If only Matt would drop into MY kitchen and bring flowers (really just drop in; flowers are optional). I'm so JEALOUS Alana got to see you guys!