Monday, July 11, 2011

Pet Desire

Since Hershey (the Chesapeake Bay Labrador Retriever) died over a year ago, my kids have begged off and on for a pet.  I guess the beta fish just haven't been satisfying enough.  My husband is extremely allergic to cats, and I'm not interested in scooping poop again with a dog.  

So the kids created this trap for the cute rabbits that traipse unaware through our yard looking for something to nibble.  


In case you can't tell what it is--that is a bathroom container that you might see at the dollar store.  It is barely supported by two sticks which are wrapped in the plastic string.

The kids didn't catch any rabbits.  

However, we did adopt somone's pet frog recently . . . more about that later.

1 comment:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Sometimes I feel bad that my kids will never have any "real" pets. I just don't think I could handle one though. We'll see. Do you have any experience with rabbits? Maybe one day I will research them as a pet.