Thursday, September 1, 2011

Runaway Watermelon


For some reason our garden reminds me of the beanstalk--Jack's beanstalk, that is.  Our watermelon is OUT OF CONTROL!  I can't really figure out where in the world all the water is coming for that thing to grow all the watermelons it's growing (I think I saw 5). I don't water them at all.  Too bad the melons are seeded--next year maybe we'll grow seedless!  Supposedly you do it by planting the sterile seedless plants next to the seeded plants.  That explains why grocery stores still have seeded watermelons.  


The watermelon hiding among our bell peppers.

The plant wound through the tomatoes and peppers and grew this baby on the other side.

This is all on top of gravel!  I have no idea how it does it.  

All that said, I'm sure there must be some seasoned gardener out there cracking up that this would even surprise me.  I hope so.  I love strengthening people's stomach muscles.

1 comment:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Holy cow! That is runaway watermelon! How is it growing on top of the gravel like that?!?
I need to send you an email to catch up! I also realized that I never paid you for the movies we did! I can send you a check. Talk to you soon!