Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fleeting Moments

This beautiful video just made me cry--watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olSyCLJU3O0&feature=player_embedded

So what are my fleeting moments that sometimes seem hard but I wouldn't trade? Henry trying to remove his backwards shirt, but he's pulled it off backward so that his arms are stuck behind him, and his shirt is tight behind his head. Jackie begging me every night for more books and a cuddle.

All the kids pleading to go everywhere with me--I try never to say no. My friends don't understand this, but I do. I won't have my children wanting to go everywhere with me forever.

Sacrament meeting, at church, with Henry and Jackie fighting over my lap and Morgan squeezing in next to me. Or the kids climbing into bed with me in the morning, when I'm still trying to sleep, and then fighting over who gets to be next to me.

Hand prints on the glass doors. Microwaved fruit. Water dumped out of the tub. "Oops, Mom." All worth it.

Those are just a few to begin. I tell my children often they are not allowed to grow up. But they won't obey this one. So I have begun living in the moment, or trying, as I recognize that moments are fleeting.

2 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

This is so sweet! Your children are going to have so many wonderful memories!

cheyney webb said...

What great advice for a soon-to-be mom! xoxo