Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sugar or Spice?

The kids came to me in the kitchen this morning, as I was madly whipping up some cranberry/raisin oatmeal cookies to give our primary teachers for Valentines Day.

The kids glowed.

"Mom," Anika sweetly said, holding out a jewelry catalog for her school fundraiser. In her other hand, she held a little fabric money pouch, visibly heavy with coins. "We have put all our money together. We have ten dollars and fifty cents. You can pick anything from this catalog."

My heart was like a piece of chocolate in the warm sun--totally and sweetly melted.

I sat down on the couch with the kids crowded around. There were two items in the $10.50 price range--sun earrings, and some hanging loop earrings. I chose the hanging loops.

1 comment:

cheyney webb said...

So sweet! Thanks for the YUMMY cookies!