Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mitt Romney's New Name

Morgan is sitting at our dining room table talking to us as Matthew and I are both working on our computers.   It's 10:30 p.m.   Why she is not in bed is a mystery to me--though it should not be as I am her mother.  But Morgan doesn't seem to need as much sleep as our other children.  She often stays up late talking to us.

Matthew says, in a blurry, sleepy voice, "All the cool kids go to bed now."

Morgan replies, "Cool kids like their parents."

She's writing on a yellow post-it note:  "Dad is awesome when he lets me stay up late at night."

The big secret is that it's not really Dad that lets her stay up.  He'd rather she were in bed.  I'm the softy in the family.

A few minutes later, Morgan says, randomly:  "Mom, I have a new name for Mitt Romney.   It's Mitt Ramen."

Morgan likes ramen noodles a lot.

Morgan:  "I really like Mitt Romney because I really like ramen.  I heart ramen.  I heart Mitt Ramen."


We're all going to bed now.

No comments: