Friday, June 17, 2011

Snips and Snails . . . or Snakes

We like to study wildlife in our family.  I think I learned to be relaxed about this from my mother, who I remember often getting down on the ground to point out some interesting biological tidbit.  

So . . . beetles . . . snakes . . . frogs.  You name it.  We find it.  

Here's a snake . . . a worm snake.  These look just like worms, until you pick them up.  They're harmless though the do try to poke you with their pointy, but harmless, tails.  You can read more about them at this website:  http://www.uga.edu/srelherp/snakes/caramo.htm

Jackie is often the first to discover creepy crawlies.


Sometimes Henry is the first.  Both kids really like creepy crawlies. (I admit, I kind of enjoy them too, even at my age) !





The preschool teacher was really excited when Henry turned up with this habitat, snake and all.

Thank goodness for good sales and coupons.  Fortunately, I always have a lot of these containers on hand, because they can sure disappear quickly. 

1 comment:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

GROSSS! I hate all things snake related! I'm bummed we are going to miss the annual 4th of July get together! We miss you all, but can't wait to see you in a month and a half!